Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Contempoary Craft Class.

I was over the moon when I went to a craft class called contemporary craft because I was excited that I got the chance to go. There were loads of people I did not know but eventually talked to them and became friends. It was here at the frimley school hall. I met a girl named Hannah she was very sweet she also did not know anyone, so it was perfect for everyone to help each other out and talk so that there would not be any lonely people. On the second day there were only girls and about two or three boys but on the first day there were about five or six boys. I enjoyed day one the most even though I stuffed up a few times.


Guess what my favourite thing at craft was… It was painting a canvas we each had to choose a canvas to paint and then choose the background colour my background was a paint called sugar and spice it was a sparkly darkish pink from resene. I chose to paint the background first because it was the easiest option. Then we chose our shape and the colours after I had a whole bunch of different shades of green for the leaves and for the body it was purple and blue (the purple and blue was also sparkly)can you guess what it was it was a pineapple not a yellow pineapple a funky geometric pineapple.


After that we moved on to key chains we rotated round table to succeed every activity. We painted these little wood beads and I chose a sparkly blue and a peach colour for the beads we hand painted each bead with tiny nail polish brushes. After you painted and dried them you put them on a key chain. I made three of the key chains. After we made them we moved on to the 3D fruits I did not get enough time to do the fruits so I helped tidy up.


I thought it was really fun from the experience that I had because we got to paint things from cups to canvases to plates and much more. I was a little frustrated because one of my porcelains did not turn out as perfect as I was hoping. I hope next time I can do the 3D lettering to hang above your bed on your wall I was sad I missed out. I enjoyed it and I hope I can do it again in the next school holidays because it was really enjoyable to go to considering I love arts and craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment