Sunday, September 18, 2016

Water Scarcity In Dubai

Scenario
I went to bed at 1:30am due to the new years countdown. As I got into bed I was lying there thinking what it would be like on new years day. I quickly remembered something, new years day, shoot I have my friends birthday sleepover I quickly jumped out of bed ran downstairs and grabbed a card from Mum’s office. As I lay in bed writing in the card with my dog Bentley, I could hear loud music and loud voices coming from the garage, There was still a party in the backyard. I had just finished the card when I heard Mum come upstairs, I quickly switched off my lamp put the card on my side table and went to sleep. By the time Mum got to my room I was sound asleep.

New years day rolled over and I woke from my awesome sleep, immediately I went to my bathroom and got in the shower. After about 5 minutes I could feel the shower getting colder and less water coming out. I quickly switched off the shower and headed over to the sink to brush my teeth, as I turned on the tap I found that there wasn’t much water coming out. So I brushed my teeth for about 1 minute, I didn’t want to waste any water. Finally it was time to go to the sleepover and I didn’t have a gift for her so I grabbed the card and my bag and got in the car and drove to her house.

It was sadly time to go back home and when I got there Mum and Dad were waiting for me in the living room, as I grabbed the door handle of the front door Mum and Dad were right there, I asked them what was wrong and they said we have no water, I was puzzled as to what had happened.

In Dubai there is not very much fresh and clean water but a lot of sea water. They could come up with a way to clean the water so they have more fresh water to, water the gardens, drink it, use a dishwasher, washing machine, take a shower, run a bath and things to keep you hygenic and so you can use it to cook and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment