Thursday, October 27, 2016

Writing/Reading

`WALT: Create a short story.
  • Your short story must be AT LEAST 4 paragraphs and also contain all of the 6 Game of Awesome cards the winner collected.
  • Remember your learning goal at the start of your writing.
  • Your has to have a beginning, middle and end.

I.A.L.T
Sentence Structure

As woke from my amazing dream, I saw Butch sitting on the edge of my bed, I started to sit up and he came and snuggled under my blankets, I gave him a hug and jumped out of bed. I put on my dino slippers and put on my school clothes.

I headed downstairs for breakfast, Taylor was sitting there eating some pancakes with whipped cream and mixed berries, mine were cooking. After breakfast we had to take the dogs for a walk as every morning they go for morning exercise, we have two dogs. After we got home from the walk Mum asked if I could take the dogs for a bath. By the time I was finished they were squeaky clean but running around the house with bubbles and water all over them. Mum declared they had to go back up to the bath tub to get dry, after they were dry mum made me clean the floors as they had wet dog all over them.

After all that we dropped Taylor at Hope’s house for a sleepover. When we got home me and mum sat on the couch wrapped up in blankets as if we were the fillings to the wraps that you eat for dinner, it’s pretty clear we aren’t dinner wraps although we may of looked a bit like that. Later in the evening as we had dinner what a coincidence we had wraps with salad, dressing and meat. To top that off Mum made me a banana smoothie with ice cream for dessert. We watched the news while eating dinner and as I had just finished my smoothie Dad had just gotten home from work. As we watched the news we heard that these people wanted to take over our country - that’s right our entire country ! Our prime minister stepped in and he became our hero, he literally saved our entire country from invasions and all kinds of different mysterious things. After my shower I got into my pajamas they were superman ones, although I’m 10 and  am almost 11 I still wear my superman jammies I’ve had them since I was 7 and although the shorts were almost too tight I kinda felt unstoppable.

The next day rolled over and I came downstairs and saw my mum, she was quite upset, I could tell but she didn’t show it, she is always very bubbly and happy, I have never seen her quite upset. I grabbed her hand, as always it was warm and soft, I lead her to the couch and told her to tell me why she is quite upset. She said that she always has to do all of the house work all the time by herself and she always has to do heaps of housework and feed the dogs, keep us healthy, make our lunches for school and I know where she is coming from and I decided to help her, she asked if I could take out the rubbish and I said sure. I just set it near the letterbox for the rubbish truck to pick it up. As I walked out I heard grumbling noises near the bushes out the front and I was embarrassed because Summer the prettiest girl in 5th grade walked past she flashed me with her blue eyes, her wavy brown hair and her olive skin, I looked like a coward, she said, “Hey Kayden,” but before I could say anything she carried on and kept walking down the street, I quickly put the rubbish out and ran back inside. Inside I realised it was Max the mean kid making those noises to embarrass me infront of her, I could tell it was a trap.

The next day at school she sat near me in the cafeteria and I gave her a little wave she winked at me, that very day I left a note in her locker asking if she wanted to come over and study for the science test coming up that friday she replied and said she already had a study partner, I felt disappointed. As we had dinner Dad switched on the news and there was an article about how there are very difficult people coming to try to take over the country as there was a debate about whether they could or how they would or what, The prime minister stepped in a became the hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment